DataPower gateway appliances help simplify, govern, and optimize
the delivery of services and applications by providing security,
connectivity, data transformation, protocol bridging, and intelligent
load distribution functions. By offering an innovative, pragmatic
approach to security, integration, and intelligent application
delivery in a purpose-built, easy-to-consume form-factor, DataPower
gateway appliances can help leverage the value of existing
infrastructure investments and help reduce the total cost of ownership
for mobile, web, API, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and
business-to-business (B2B) projects.
Firmware V7.2 provides increased cloud deployment flexibility and
mobile security enhancements.
- Amazon EC2 and Softlayer CCI support for increased deployment
flexibility on public cloud environments
- Mobile security enhancements for securing access to
Object Notation (JSON) Web Encryption (JWE), JSON Web Signature (JWS)
and JSON Web Token (JWT)
- GatewayScript enhancements to easily transform between JSON and
Extensible Markup Language (XML) payloads enabling easier
WebSphere DataPower gateway appliances are positioned to act as
security and integration gateways for a full range of web, mobile,
application programming interface (API), service-oriented architecture
(SOA), business-to-business (B2B), and cloud workloads in a single,
highly secure, highly consumable, DMZ-ready appliance.
Version 7.0 features and enhancements include the following:
- Enhanced web, mobile and API gateway capabilities with WebSocket
proxy support and improved security functionality
- Introduction of cost-effective DataPower Virtual Edition for
Developers and deployment support on VMware Type 2 hypervisors that
allows developers to have a dedicated copy of DataPower appliance for
development and unit testing on their workstations
optimized, secured and tuned for the gateway environment to enable
secure and efficient processing of mobile, web, and API workloads
- Easier integration with Sterling Multi-Enterprise Integration
Gateway (MEIG) for offloading security functions
- Improved network scalability and performance with support for link
- Ability to run on Citrix XenServer based platforms to enable
private cloud and SoftLayer bare-metal and dedicated server deployment
- IBM WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 Virtual Edition
- IBM WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Edition
Firmware 7.2 delivers Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) support
for Amazon EC2 and SoftLayer CCI (1) Secure Gateway Service for IBM
Bluemix applications, robust mobile security capabilities, enhanced
TLS security support, and several other key security and integration
- Deploy IBM DataPower Gateways on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
(EC2) and SoftLayer CCI, to provide enhanced cloud elasticity for
DataPower Gateways in cloud environments.
- Enhanced hybrid cloud integration using Secure Gateway service to
securely connect between IBM Bluemix applications and on-premise
services secured using DataPower GatewaysProvide enhanced message-
level security for mobile, API, and web workloads by using JSON Web
Encryption for message confidentiality, JSON Signature for message
integrity, and JSON Web Token to assert security assertions for Single
Sign On (SSO).
- Easily integrate System of Records data sources with Systems of
Engagements by using GatewayScript to transform between XML and JSON
- Protect mission-critical applications from security exposures with
enhanced TLS protocol support by using Elliptic Curve Cryptography
(ECC), Server Name Indication (SNI), and Perfect Forward Secrecy
- Quickly build DataPower automation and deployment migration
scripts for easier devops by using the REST-based management API.
- Provide increased high availability for your environment with
enhanced, load balancer group health checks to intelligently detect
- Enhanced reliability of IMS transactions with support for IMS
Commit mode 0. This provides flexible integration with data from
System of Records.
- Supports distributed caching with IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 8.6+
to provide increased response time and better application performance.
Note: (1) Common Computing Instance
WebSphere DataPower gateway appliances provide industry-leading
security, control, optimization, and integration capabilities for
mobile, web, API, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and business-
to-business (B2B) workloads.
DataPower Appliances firmware V7.0 delivers the following:
- Enhances support for web, Mobile and API workload processing.
- Provides a flexible, cost-effective gateway for developers.
- Enables Sterling Multi-Enterprise Integration Gateway (MEIG)
integration to secure B2B workloads.
- Helps to increase network redundancy and increase throughput.
- Enables additional private cloud and SoftLayer deployment
- Provides reliability, availability, and serviceability
IBM WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 Virtual Edition V7.2.0
Content Revision Date:
BPG00 B7ABC B7000