ThinkPad 64 GB Solid State Drive revolutionizes data storageUnited States Hardware Announcement 108-211
March 25, 2008
|Table of contents||Document options|
|At a glance|
The ThinkPad 64 GB1 Solid State Drive option incorporates nonvolatile flash memory technology for worry-free and speedy storage of your valuable data. Additional features include:
- Improved performance compared to standard 5400 rpm and 7200 rpm mobile standard hard drives
- Large 64 GB storage capacity
- Noiseless operation
- Improved reliability and system battery life compared to standard hard drives since there are no moving parts
- Lighter weight than standard hard drives
For technical support:
Call the Support Center at 800-426-7378
- Request technical information via the Web site at
- Hard drive: GB = billion bytes. Accessible capacity is less; up to 4 GB service partition.
Back to top
The ThinkPad® 64 GB Solid State Drive is an ideal data storage solution that offers improved performance and reliability. It uses speedy nonvolatile memory and no moving parts, instead of the standard hard drive's spinning platters and moving heads. This drive is supported on selected ThinkPad systems such as the X300, X61 Tablet, the T61 14-inch wide notebook, and the T61 15-inch wide notebook.
This option includes an adaptive cover that can be removed for insertion
into the hard drive bay of the ThinkPad X300 system.
Back to top
Back to top
All offers are subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors.
Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third-party products or services.
ThinkPad 64 GB Solid State Drive (43N3400)
Product positioning: Faster and more resistant to vibration than a standard hard drive. The cost per GB is higher than a standard hard drive.
- 1.8 inch 8 mm height hard drive
- Includes a 1.8-inch to 2.5-inch adaptive cover for installation in selected 2.5-inch ThinkPad® hard drive bays
- Up to 64 GB formatted capacity
- 512 bytes/sector
- Enhanced ECC
- High-performance, low power consumption, and small form factor
- Interface: Serial ATA
- Formatted capacity: Up to 64 GB
- Interface transfer rate: 3.0 Gb/sec
- Performance of Random read sector: 80 MB/s
- Performance of Random write sector: 30 MB/s
- Performance of Sequential read sector: 100 MB/s
- Performance of Sequential write sector: 80 MB/s
- Approximate height: 9.5 mm (.37 in) (when installed inside included adaptive cover)
- Approximate width: 70 mm (2.7559 in) (when installed inside included adaptive cover)
- Approximate depth: 100.2 mm (3.94 in) (when installed inside included adaptive cover)
- Approximate weight (maximum): 77 g (0.1697 lb) (when installed inside included adaptive cover)
- Temperature: 0° to 70°C (32° to 158°F)
- Relative humidity: 0° to 55°C/90-98% RH, 10 cycles
Hardware requirements: The ThinkPad 64 GB Solid State Drive is supported on the following ThinkPad systems:
Machine Description type Model ThinkPad X300 All All ThinkPad X61 Tablet All All ThinkPad T61 14 inch wide All All ThinkPad T61 15 inch wide All All
Note: The ThinkPad 64 GB Solid State Drive option is supported only on selected ThinkPad systems. Also, the 40Y8725 ThinkPad Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter is not supported for usage with the 43N3400 ThinkPad 64GB Solid State Drive.
Software requirements: The following operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista®
Compatibility: Some configurations may not be compatible.
Limitations: Continuous use of the ThinkPad 64 GB Solid State Drive, such when reading long video files, will impact system battery life.
Cable orders required: No
Installation time: Approximately 15 minutes
Packaging: One box
- ThinkPad 64 GB Solid State Drive assembly
- Removable adaptive cover
Security, auditability, and control
This product uses the security and auditability features of the system in which it is installed.
Terms and conditions
Field-installable Yes Customer setup Yes Warranty period(2) 1-year Service type CRU Maintenance agreement No Optional upgrade No Licensed programs No (2) To obtain copies of the Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty, contact your reseller or call Lenovo. In the United States, call 800-426-7378, or write to: Warranty Information 500 Park Offices Drive Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 Attn: Dept ZPYA/B500
Note: Programs included with this product are licensed under the terms and conditions of the license agreements that are shipped with the feature or option.
All other terms and conditions are the same as those applicable to the Lenovo machine type in which the feature is installed.
Help and service information Features and options
During the warranty period, support for a warranty related issue can be obtained by accessing Lenovo's online services (requires Internet access account, not included) or calling the Support Center, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to answer any questions regarding your new Lenovo option. Response time will vary depending on the number and nature of calls received. If you need warranty service, return or exchange is available. In addition, if your Lenovo option is installed in an Lenovo computer, you may be entitled to service at your location. For general questions related to the use of your options, fee-based support is available. Your technical support representative can help you determine the best alternative.
Accessing Lenovo online services
Back to top
The prices provided in this announcement are suggested retail prices for the U.S. only and are provided for your information only. Prices are subject to change without notice. For additional information and current prices, contact your local Lenovo representative.
Part List Description number price(3) ThinkPad 64 GB Solid State 43N3400 $1,499 Drive (3) Price does not include tax or shipping and is subject to change without notice. Reseller prices may vary.
Back to top