New ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook models include a three-year limited warrantyUnited States Hardware Announcement 106-010
January 5, 2006
|Table of contents||Document options|
|At a glance|
The new ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook offers great features and options, including:
- Common options, accessories, and docking solutions with ThinkPad X60s notebooks
- Battery life of up to 7.81 hours on system with eight-cell battery
- Enhanced port replication and expansion via the optional ThinkPad X6 Ultrabase
- Intel Core Duo processor T2400 (1.83 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz front-side bus (FSB)) featuring Intel SpeedStep technology2 for maximum and battery-optimized performance
- Integrated UltraConnect antenna to help optimize worldwide frequency coverage and performance for improved wireless LAN connectivity on 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g3 networks4
- Client Security Solution
- ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery
- Standard 512 MB5 memory
- 60 GB6 5400 rpm 2.5-inch HDD on select models
- 80 GB6 5400 rpm 2.5-inch HDD on select models
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Support Center: 800-426-7378
Back to top
The new ThinkPad® X60 Ultraportable is a thin and light notebook with a 307-mm (12.1-in) XGA TFT with 1024 x 768 resolution. Models weigh beginning at 1.43 kg (3.15 lb)7 to 1.64 kg (3.62 lb) with the small footprint starting at 268 mm x 211 mm (10.5 x 8.3 in). The system comes with pre-installed Microsoft Windows XP Professional and selected applications.
Note: Included software may differ from its retail version (if available), and may not include user manuals or all program functionality. License agreements may apply.
ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook models include a three-year limited warranty (battery one-year limited warranty).
Feel the power
Intel Centrino Duo mobile technology on selected models:
- Intel Core Duo processor family
- Intel PRO/Wireless family
- Intel 945 GM chipset family
- 667 MHz FSB and 2 MB L2 cache
- Data security with Client Security Solution, Trusted Computing Group (TCG)-compliant
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- 60 GB6 5400 rpm 2.5-inch HDD
- 80 GB6 5400 rpm 2.5-inch HDD on select models
- Standard 512 MB5 ThinkPad PC2-5300 DDR2 667 MHz memory, expandable with optional SDRAM SO-DIMM module to a maximum 2.0 GB8
- Eight-cell Li-Ion battery
- Four-cell Li-Ion battery
- Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection on select models
- Integrated 56K9 V.9010 modem (V.92-designed)
- Extensive standard ports, including three USB 2.0, external display, RJ-45, RJ-11, IEEE 1394.
- Secure Digital card slot for options that enable storage expansion, communications, and data transfer between PCs and peripherals
- 4 Mbps infrared port for wireless data transfer or synchronization with a compatible PDA or cell phone
- New ThinkPad X6 Ultrabase provides cable management and expansion through a variety of Ultrabay Slim options.
- ThinkVantage Access Connections: Simplifies management of multiple connectivity environments
Back to top
Back to top
Three-year limited warranty12 for the system and one-year limited warranty for the battery
All models of ThinkPad notebook systems are designed to meet the EPA ENERGY STAR13 requirements for using less than 15 watts of power in sleep mode when enabled by the power management software provided with the systems.
ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook
Processor technology: Intel Core Duo processor T2400 (1.83 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz front-side bus (FSB)) featuring Intel SpeedStep technology for maximum and battery-optimized performance
Excellent security and manageability
- Designed to the PXE 2.1 requirement for mobile systems
- Support for IBM Director Agent, a comprehensive set of standards-based PC hardware manageability tools that works with and complements existing systems management products
- Industry-standard Common Information Model-compliant
- Local and remote asset management and early detection of HDD failure via IBM Director Agent
- Remote setup and low-level maintenance via IBM Remote Deployment Manager
- Data security via multiple passwords with the Client Security Solution
New data protection: Selected models include integrated fingerprint reader technology from ThinkVantage technologies to help protect access to your ThinkPad notebook and data.
- Because fingerprints are unique, using them along with other security measures can provide strong security.
- Fingerprint reader is built right into the palm rest area of the computer. When used with Password Manager and the Client Security Solution, pass your finger over the reader instead of typing passwords or combine it with passwords.
- Combine the integrated fingerprint reader with Password Manager and the Client Security Solution for strong security measures that are easy to follow. Security software is preloaded for an integrated solution out of the box.
- Administrators can implement strong security policies and users can meet ongoing password requirements easily.
ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery is a one-button recovery and restore solution that includes a set of self recovery tools to help users diagnose, get help and recover from system crashes quickly, even if the primary operating system will not boot and you are remote from your support team.
- System Rejuvenation keeps data and system personality settings current when you restore.
- Antidote Delivery Manager allows IT staff to deliver fixes and updates to users where ever they are, even if their systems are down from a worm or virus.
- Point and click wizard makes creation of Antidote scripts easy.
- Integration with other ThinkVantage Technologies allows migration from backup and chip-encrypted backups, combining our great technologies to create an even more robust environment.
Accelerometer, a ThinkVantage technology, helps protect your HDD from some damage that could be caused by shock. A system board-mounted sensor continuously monitors your ThinkPad notebook for sudden movement, and temporarily parks the HDD read/write head when a fall or similar event is predicted.
LCD TFT display: The new ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook includes a 307-mm (12.1-in) XGA TFT with 1024 x 768 resolution.
Video modes Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (UMA 128 MB max)
TFT LCD Resolution Color depth 640 x 480 256, 64K, 16M 800 x 600 256, 64K, 16M 1024 x 768 256, 64K, 16M 1280 x 1024 256(14), 64K(14), 16M(14) 1600 x 1200 256(14), 64K(14), 16M(14) 2048 x 1536 256(14) 64K(14) 16M(14) External monitor(15) Resolution Color Refresh rate (Hz) 640 x 480 256 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 640 x 480 64K 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 640 x 480 16M 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 800 x 600 256 56, 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 800 x 600 64K 56, 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 800 x 600 16M 56, 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 1024 x 768 256 60, 70, 75, 85, 100, 120 1024 x 768 64K 60, 70,,75, 85, 100, 120 1024 x 768 16M 60, 70, 75, 85, 100, 120 1280 x 1024 256 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 1280 x 1024 64K 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 1280 x 1024 16M 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 1600 x 1200 256 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100 1600 x 1200 64K 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100 1600 x 1200 16M 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100 2048 x 1536 256 60(15), 75(15) 2048 x 1536 64K 60(15), 75(15) 2048 x 1536 16M 60(15), 75(15)
Keyboard and TrackPoint® with enhanced features: The keyboard has the familiar layout and quality of a ThinkPad notebook with function keys that allow you to quickly access system functions such as power management control.
You can use any of three new key combinations to easily manage your ThinkPad system:
- F5 + Fn for wireless radio control
- F7 + Fn for Presentation Director to toggle through different displays and adjust resolutions
- F9 + Fn for Easy Eject to seamlessly remove add-on peripherals such as a memory key
Each of these quick key combinations launches a menu that assists you in using ThinkPad innovations.
The TrackPoint with enhanced features incorporates the Press-to-Select and Release-to-Select function.
Just tap the TrackPoint to speed icon launches and help reduce keystrokes. The programmable center button enables fast scrolling of Web sites (requires Internet access; not included) and documents or fast panning across wide spreadsheets. Switch to the innovative magnifying glass feature to enlarge screen views in any application.
Memory: The base system has 512 MB memory standard and can be configured for up to 2.0 GB of addressable memory.
Card slots: The PC card slot accommodates either one Type I or one Type II card. The Secure Digital card slot enables flexible communications and storage expansion.
Other features and ports
- External display port
- Integrated 56K V.90 modem (V.92-designed)
- Integrated UltraConnect Wi-Fi wireless antenna
- Intel High Definition Audio for excellent sound
- New ThinkPad shock mounted HDD. The HDD is mounted in rubber rails to enhance durability.
- Thin, light and strong Magnesium-Aluminum top and bottom covers.
- Floating planar design protects components from damage
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection on select models
- Integrated microphone
- External microphone port
- Secure Digital card slot
- Three USB 2.0
- RJ-11 and RJ-45
ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook options
Standard battery shipped with the system: Eight-cell Li-Ion battery; four-cell Li-Ion battery on select models
Approximate Li-Ion battery operation and charging hours are:
Standard battery life:
- Eight-cell Li-Ion battery: Up to 7.8 hr
- Four-cell Li-Ion battery: Up to 3.9 hr
- Four-cell Power off/suspend charge: 3.0 hr
- Eight-cell Power off/suspend charge: 4.0 hr
- Four-cell minimum: 3.5 hr
- Four-cell maximum: 7.0 hr
- Eight-cell minimum: 4.5 hr
- Eight-cell maximum: 14.0 hr
Optional X6 Ultrabase docking solution
- Easy cable management and expansion
- Stereo speakers
- One Ultrabay slot supporting the latest Ultrabay Slim options
- Standard ports including RJ-11, RJ-45, serial, parallel, external display, power, and four USB 2.0 ports
- Keylock to securely attach the system unit to the X6 Ultrabase
- Slot for optional security cable lock
Ultrabay Slim options: Select from an expanding range of Ultrabay Slim devices including a CD-RW/DVD combo Ultrabay Slim drive, an ultralight DVD-Recordable drive, or an additional 2.5-inch HDD. These options require the ThinkPad X6 Ultrabase.
Family features available for these ThinkPad notebooks
- Intel Core Duo processor T2400, T2300
- HDDs: 40, 60, 80, and 100 GB (5400 rpm), 100 GB (7200 rpm)
- System memory: 256 MB, 512 MB and 1 GB
- Optical drives: CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo, DVD-ROM, and DVD recordable (requires X6 ultrabase)
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Intel 945GM chipset and Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
- Fingerprint reader
- TFT display (12.1-in) with 1024 x 768 resolution
- Four-cell Li-Ion battery
- Eight-cell Li-Ion battery
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home
- VitalSource Library from VitalSource Technologies Inc.
Certain product family features are limited to select models that may not be available in all countries. Some combinations of features are not supported. Refer to the models and features available in your country.
Non-Lenovo software: The non-Lenovo software programs listed in this section may be licensed to you under the non-Lenovo manufacturer's, supplier's, or publisher's terms and conditions. The non-Lenovo manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers are responsible for providing any service or support associated with these programs. The descriptions of these programs were obtained from information made available by these companies to the general public. Lenovo does not warrant these products. Some software may differ from its separately available version (if available), and may not include user manuals or all program function.
Software that may be downloaded from the Web (requires Internet access; not included)
- IBM Director Agent
- IBM Remote Deployment Manager
Software that may be included or preloaded on the system
Standard Preload for X60s systems
All geographies (Windows XP Professional)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- ThinkVantage Productivity Center
- ThinkVantage Access Connections
- ThinkVantage System Update
- PC-Doctor diagnostics
- ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Symantec Client Security Software (OEM Edition) with 90 days of virus definition updates
- ThinkVantage Client Security Software
- ThinkVantage Fingerprint software (only on models with fingerprint reader)
- vitalsource Key and the Personal Portable Library (only on Education models) (U.S. only)
- Microsoft Office 2003 Personal (Japan only) (Model specific)
Lotus SmartSuite® and Lotus® Notes® licenses are included in the user's reference.
Back to top
For a copy of applicable product warranties, contact your authorized Lenovo reseller or Lenovo representative. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third-party products or services.
Telephone support may be subject to additional charges, even during the limited warranty period. For Lenovo machines with on-site labor, Lenovo will attempt to diagnose and resolve the problem remotely before sending a technician. For Lenovo machines with courier or depot service, your service provider will attempt to diagnose and resolve the problem remotely before sending a courier.
All offers are subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter
product offerings and specifications at any time without notice. Lenovo is not responsible for
photographic or typographic errors.
Back to top
These model numbers achieved the Ziff Davis Media Inc.'s Business Winstone 2002 BatteryMark
Version 4.0 battery rundown time of at least the time shown. This test was performed without
independent verification by the VeriTest testing division of Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
(VeriTest) nor Ziff Davis Media Inc.; neither Ziff Davis Media Inc. nor VeriTest makes any
representations or warranties as to these test results. For a description of the environment under
which the test was performed, visit
Battery life (and recharge times) varies based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning, and other customer preferences. Recharge time also varies depending on system mode. Charging times vary depending on operating conditions. Battery may not charge fully during heavy loading.
- Power management reduces processor speed when in battery mode.
- Wi-Fi wireless upgradable models may be wireless-enabled with the addition of an optional wireless LAN mini-PCIe card. These systems are designed to operate only with wireless LAN mini-PCIe options sold by Lenovo.
- 11a, 11b, and 11g wireless are based on IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g. An adapter with 11a/b/g can communicate on any of these formats; the actual connection is based on the access point to which it connects.
- For PCs without a separate video card, memory supports both system and video. Accessible system memory is up to 128 MB less than the amount stated, depending on video mode.
- GB equals one billion bytes when referring to HDD. Accessible capacity is less. Up to 4 GB is used in the service partition.
- Includes battery; weight may vary depending on vendor components, manufacturing process, or options.
- Memory options up to 1024 MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM SO DIMM can be added for maximum memory expansion.
- The V.90 modem can receive data at up to 56 Kbps from a compatible service provider and transmit data at up to 31.2 Kbps. Public networks currently limit maximum download speeds to about 53 Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum possible.
- Public network download speeds are limited to 53 Kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 48 Kbps for V.92 modems. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum possible. V.92 functions and speeds require a compatible phone line and server equipment, and download of the V.92 support device driver when available. Check with your telephone and Internet service providers for availability.
- Does not apply to all geographies.
- Refer to the Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty for terms governing support obligations. For a copy, contact your authorized Business Partner or Lenovo customer representative.
- As an ENERGY STAR partner, Lenovo has determined that all models of this product meet the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Supported in panning mode.
- Supported at external monitor only. When the LCD and external monitor are used at the same time, the refresh rate may be lower.
Back to top
For the latest information on options available for the ThinkPad® X60 Ultraportable Notebook and other ThinkPad notebooks, visit
Back to top
IBM Integrated Technology Services
IBM services include business consulting, outsourcing, hosting services, applications, and other technology management.
These services help you learn about, plan, install, manage, or optimize your IT infrastructure to be an On Demand Business. They can help you integrate your high-speed networks, storage systems, application servers, wireless protocols, and an array of platforms, middleware, and communications software for Lenovo and many non-Lenovo offerings.
For details on available services, contact your IBM representative or visit
For details on available IBM Business Continuity and Recovery Services, contact your IBM representative or visit
For details on education offerings related to specific products, visit
Select your country, and then select the product as the category.
Back to top
- Width: 268 mm (10.5 in)
- Depth: 211 mm (8.3 in)
- Height: 20 to 35 mm (0.8 to 1.39 in)
- Travel Weight: Beginning at 1.43 kg (3.15 lb)
Li-Ion battery pack:
- Four-cell: 260 g (0.57 lb)
- Eight-cell: 475 g (1.04 lb)
- AC adapter (two-pin or three-pin)
- Power cord for ac adapter
Note: Actual specifications and weights may vary based on features, vendor components, or manufacturing processes.
- Universal ac adapter (65 W)
- Input: 100/240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 20 V dc
- Li-Ion battery pack:
- Four-cell: 14.4 V, 2.6 Ah
- Eight-cell: 14.4 V, 5.2 Ah
Heat dissipation: 191 Btu/hr maximum
Heat emissions: 65 watts maximum
Air temperature for shipping and storage: -20° to 60°C (-4° to 140°F)
Acoustic noise level: Category 3D (office environment)
Sound power level:
- 3.4 bels (idling)
- 4.4 bels (operating)
- Sound pressure level at the operator position: 41 dB (HDD seeking)
Note: All measurements are made in accordance with the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 7779 and reported in conformance with ISO 9296.
Operating environment: ThinkPad computers are designed, built, and tested for high quality and reliability. When used properly in standard business environments, a ThinkPad system should be a reliable computing asset for many years. Harsh environments and abuse can damage ThinkPads since they are not intended to withstand extreme temperatures, dust, shock, or other severe physical environments. ThinkPad systems should not be used in unsuitable environments. For example, a ThinkPad system should not be used in non-stationary environments, such as in-vehicle installations, without additional casing or shock dissipation. Lenovo warrants that the ThinkPad notebook will conform to its Official Published Specifications when used in a suitable physical operating environment.
For additional information about supported environments, refer to the Physical specifications section.
- FCC Class-B certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI Class B
- CISPR22 Class B
- UL 60950
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- IEC 60950
- MPR-II (Sweden)
- CE Mark
- CCC (for China)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1a, SP2, Microsoft Windows XP Home SP1a, SP2, and Win2K SP4 support the ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook. PC-DOS 2000 minimum support.
Note: Previous versions of this operating system are not supported.
For a list of completed Linux certifications, visit
Operating systems other than those preinstalled on the systems may not provide full-feature functionality. To view considerations or Service Hints and Tips by operating system, visit
- In the middle of the screen, in the Quick path to a product field, enter your system's four-digit machine type and model number.
- On the left side of the page, click Hints and Tips.
Compatibility and supported products
Contact your ThinkPad representative for a list of supported features and options.
PC card: The ThinkPad X60 Notebook conforms to the PC Card Standard 95. The PC Card Standard encompasses both the former 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the new 32-bit CardBus card. Other PC card adapters that comply with the PC Card Standard may also function, but have not been tested by Lenovo.
Vendor software compatibility
Lenovo tests a large number of commonly used and available applications for compatibility with its ThinkPad systems using supporting operating systems and configurations. In general, you can expect that most vendor applications designed to run on supported operating systems and Intel-compatible system architectures should be compatible with a ThinkPad system. Some configurations, however, may not be compatible.
Lenovo does not warrant or support vendor software products, nor guarantee compatibility of those products with Lenovo systems. Refer to the applicable warranty and license terms provided by the respective vendors.
ThinkPad X60 Notebooks contain BIOS in their flash ROM and a GUI to set up the system and power management features for Windows users. BIOS provides the hardware instructions and interfaces designed to support the standard features of the ThinkPad X60 Notebook computer.
Limitations: For a list of tips about running various versions of operating systems, visit
Select Notebooks and PDA Support, ThinkPad X60 Notebook, and Hints and Tips.
- Wi-Fi wireless upgradable systems are designed to operate only with wireless LAN mini-PCIe options sold by Lenovo. Systems are not wireless upgradable in all countries.
For a list of tips about running various versions of operating systems, visit
Cable orders: All cables are included in the shipment group.
Installability: The ThinkPad X60 Ultraportable Notebook requires approximately 20 minutes for installation. Installation includes unpacking, setting up, and powering on the system. Additional time is required to install optional memory and other optional features.
- System unit with U.S. English keyboard
- Worldwide ac adapter
- Country-specific line cord
- Telephone cable
- Rechargeable battery pack (Li-Ion)
- TrackPoint® caps
- ThinkPad X60 Notebook Setup Guide
- ThinkPad X60 Notebook Troubleshooting Guide
- Envelope Group BM (miscellaneous envelope): Insurance brochure
Accessories and/or supplies: None
Security, auditability, and control
Standard security features
Passwords: These password protection mechanisms are available:
- Power-on passwords to help protect the system from unauthorized use
- Supervisor password for use by a system administrator
- HDD password to help protect data on the removable HDD
In addition, an optional locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features,
administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communications
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
IBM Global Financing: Yes
To obtain copies of the Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty, contact your reseller or Lenovo.
In the United States, call 800-426-7378 or write to:
P.O. Box 12195
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Attn: Dept ZPYA/B676
- System hardware Three years on parts and labor
- System battery One year
Optional Lenovo features initially installed in a Lenovo system carry the same warranty period as the system. If installed after the initial system installation, they carry the balance of the system warranty or the optional feature warranty, whichever is greater.
Warranty service: If required, your service provider provides repair or exchange service depending on the type of warranty service specified for the machine. A service technician will attempt to resolve your problem over the telephone. You must follow the problem determination and resolution procedures. Scheduling of service will depend upon the time of your call and is subject to parts availability. Service levels are response time objectives and are not guaranteed. The specified level of warranty service may not be available in all worldwide locations. Additional charges may apply outside your service providers normal service area. Contact your local service provider representative or your reseller for country- and location-specific information.
Customer replaceable unit (CRU) service: Lenovo will ship CRUs to you for you to install, Tier 1 CRUs are easy to install whereas Tier 2 CRUs require some technical skill and tools. CRU information and replacement instructions are shipped with your machine and are available from Lenovo at any time on your request. You may request that a service provider install CRUs, at no additional charge, under the type of warranty service designated for your machine. Lenovo specifies in the materials shipped with a replacement CRU whether a defective CRU must be returned. When return is required, return instructions and a container are shipped with the replacement CRU, and you may be charged for the replacement CRU if Lenovo does not receive the defective CRU within 30 days of your receipt of the replacement.
Courier or depot service: You will disconnect the failing machine for collection arranged by your service provider. A shipping container will be provided to you for you to return your machine to a designated service center. A courier will pick up your machine and deliver it to the designated service center. Following its repair or exchange, the service center will arrange the return delivery of the machine to your location. You are responsible for its installation and verification. This type of service is called EasyServ in the U.S. and Canada.
Call 800-426-7378 to assist with problem isolation for hardware to determine if warranty service is required. Telephone support may be subject to additional charges, even during the limited warranty period. If a hardware problem is identified, the Customer Support Center will either initiate the shipment of a CRU or arrange for a courier to pick up the system for overnight delivery (where available) to the repair location. Most repairs should be made within 48 hours after the system is received at the repair location (actual repair time may vary). Keep the original shipping carton for shipping to the repair location. If the original shipping carton is not available, the courier will deliver a shipping carton and return to pick up the system for delivery to the repair location.
International Warranty Service (IWS): IWS is available during the warranty period to customers who travel or relocate to countries where their computer is sold and serviced by a service provider authorized to perform warranty service. Eligible Lenovo computers are identified by their four-digit machine type.
You can obtain IWS through the method of service, such as CRU, depot, carry-in or on-site, provided in the servicing country. Service methods and procedures vary by country, and some service or parts may not be available in all countries. Service centers in certain countries may not be able to service all models of a particular machine type. In addition, some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service.
Note: Due to the earth's magnetic field, CRT monitors are manufactured to work in northern, southern, and equatorial regions of the earth and may not produce a satisfactory image when moved between them. Any required adjustment (if possible) is not covered under IWS and may be subject to a chargeable action. The magnetic field does not affect flat-panel LCD monitors and ThinkPad LCD displays.
Licensing: Programs included with this product are licensed under the terms and conditions of the license agreements that are shipped with the system.
Warranty and maintenance options: The announced products may be eligible for ThinkPlus maintenance services, convenient prepackaged offerings for warranty service upgrades and maintenance services.
Installation services: The announced products may be eligible for ThinkPlus installation services, convenient prepackaged offerings for installation services.
Refer to the Prices section for information on the availability of ThinkPlus services.
Field-installable features: Yes
Model conversions: No
Machine installation: Customer setup: customers are responsible for installation according to the instructions Lenovo provides with the machine.
Graduated program license charges apply: No. This product does not contain licensed internal code or licensed machine code.
Back to top
The prices provided in this announcement are suggested retail prices for the U.S. only and are provided for your information only. Prices are subject to change without notice. For additional information and current prices, contact your local Lenovo representative.
Mobile products ThinkPad X60
All models have a modem, Gigabit Ethernet, UltraConnect antenna, Client Security Solution, Secure Digital slot with input/output support, 12.1-in XGA (1024 x 768) resolution TFT and Intel 945GM chipset. Only models with the Intel Core Duo processor, Intel 945GM chipset and Intel PRO/Wireless have Intel Centrino Duo mobile technology.
Preloads are described in the Description section of this document.
U.S. English machines
Machine Order type/ List Description number model price(16) (Windows XP Professional) 60.0 GB / 5400 rpm, 17065KU 1706-5KU $1,999 Intel Core Duo processor T2400, 512 MB, 12.1-in TFT (1024 x 768), 8-cell battery, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, fingerprint reader 80.0 GB / 5400 rpm, 170685U 1706-85U 1,999 Intel Core Duo processor T2400, 512 MB, 12.1-in TFT (1024 x 768), 4-cell battery, Intel PRO/ Wireless 3945ABG, Bluetooth wireless technology, fingerprint reader
- List price; does not include tax or shipping and is subject to change without notice. Reseller prices may vary.
ThinkPlus services for warranty and maintenance
Part Description number 2-year IOR 9 x 5 NBD 41C9175 3-year IOR 9 x 5 NBD 41C9176 4-year IOR 9 x 5 NBD 41C9177 5-year IOR 9 x 5 NBD 41C9179 4-year P&L P/U Depot 41C9178 5-year P&L P/U Depot 41C9180
ThinkPlus MA for post warranty/warranty service upgrade service
Part Description number 1-year IOR 9 x 5 NBD 41C9279 1-year P&L P/U Depot 41C9278 2-year IOR 9 X 5 NBD 41C9281 2-year P&L P/U Depot 41C9280
IBM Global Services is the preferred, authorized warranty service, warranty service upgrade, and post-warranty service provider for Lenovo products (excluding mainland China).
For ServiceElect (ESA) maintenance service charges, contact IBM Global Services at 888-426-4343.
IBM Global Financing: IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Our offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Financing solutions from IBM Global Financing can help you stretch your budget and affordably acquire the new product. But beyond the initial acquisition, our end-to-end approach to IT management can also help keep your technologies current, reduce costs, minimize risk, and preserve your ability to make flexible equipment decisions throughout the entire technology lifecycle. For more financing information, visit
Back to top