5725-I05 IBM Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters V1.1
IBM Asia Pacific Sales Manual
Revised: November 19, 2013.
|Table of contents|
|Product life cycle dates|
|Program Number||VRM||Announced||Available||Marketing Withdrawn||Service Discontinued|
Back to top
- Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters V1.1.1 (5725-I05)
Back to top
The IBM Rational product family provides a seamless integration of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) capabilities referred to as IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM). CLM provides a collaborative way for software delivery teams to unify multiple platforms and coordinate roles and activities across the core ALM disciplines of Change Management, Requirements Management, and Quality Management.
The core CLM solution integrates a corresponding set of products, including Rational Team Concert, Rational Requirements Composer, and Rational Quality Manager, to create a highly collaborative solution for software delivery. This solution can also be integrated with Rational Software Architect to extend the value of CLM to design management. IBM also maintains integrations between a number of its other ALM products, such as Rational ClearQuest.
While CLM is a very powerful solution, IBM realizes that customers already invested into other tools and technologies need to continue using them for the time being. These customers operate in highly diverse and heterogeneous, lifecycle environments, and there are a variety of reasons why tools already established in their environments are critical to their business. These tools often cannot simply be removed and replaced with new ones, but must coexist and interoperate with new tools that are brought into the environment.
It is for those customers that IBM offers the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters. These software components connect Rational ALM products to select third-party tools to allow customers to continue using their existing lifecycle tools and still gain benefit from many capabilities found in the Rational CLM solution.
The key integration technology for the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters is the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) standard. OSLC provides a set of interfaces organized into a number of functional areas (domains) that allow lifecycle tools stemming from many sources to link and trace data being managed by those tools. OSLC is now the Rational standard for integration implementation and is the basis for the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters Standard Edition.
Some customers have invested heavily into customizations of their current tools, that include specialized reporting and workflows. These customizations may need to be preserved as users integrate across practitioner roles and their respective tools. The Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters Tasktop Edition uses additional integration methods that supplement OSLC to support alternative use cases and workflow environments in a way that minimizes the impact integration may have for customers in these situations.
Version 1.1.1 features:
Improvements to existing adapters and new integrations to additional third-party tools include:
- Integrations to Rally and Serena Business Manager
- Improvements to the existing integrations with Rational Requirements Composer that help users determine what information to synchronize, as well as support for the IBM recommended authentication configuration
- Capability to create and manage integration templates that apply to multiple large-scale projects improves enterprise manageability
- A set of APIs and associated Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Added support for Gerrit v.2.6 in Git adapter and for Atlassian JIRA v.6
- Usability improvements to JIRA and HP ALM adapters
Back to top
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) offers a seamless and highly collaborative solution based on a variety of Rational products. Many IBM customers also use other lifecycle tools that stem from different sources that need to interoperate with these Rational products. Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters allow customers to integrate Rational ALM products with select third-party tools to achieve interoperability across a diverse toolset. This enables organizations to improve their overall software delivery environment while leveraging current investments they have made in other lifecycle tools.
Integrations to CA Clarity and the Requirements Management component of HP ALM offers users of the adapter the ability to perform impact analysis via suspect links. There is now a scripted setup of GitWeb and Gerrit web extensions and hooks, and a Gerrit reprocess capability. Dashboarding and reporting have also been improved across the adapters with expanded use of open social widgets. Environment support has been updated for versions of:
- HP ALM
- Atlassian JIRA
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management
Back to top
Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters were initially released on October 09, 2012, and included integrations with HP ALM and Quality Center, Atlassian JIRA, open source Git, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and open source Bugzilla. Version 1.1 of the offering added adapters for CA Clarity and Rational Requirements Composer.
In Version 1.1.1, the following improvements to those adapters and new integrations to additional third-party tools include:
- New integrations to Rally and Serena Business Manager. Allow products such as Rational Team Concert and Rational Requirements Composer to coexist and interoperate with users of those tools.
- Improvements to the existing integrations with Rational Requirements Composer that help users determine what information to synchronize, as well as support for the IBM recommended authentication configuration.
- A capability to create and manage integration templates that apply to multiple large-scale projects improves enterprise manageability.
- A set of APIs and associated Software Development Kit (SDK) to provide for a more open and extensible integration development environment.
- Added support for Gerrit v.2.6 in Git adapter.
- Added support for Atlassian JIRA v.6.
- JIRA adapter: Through friending support, customers can now associate CLM and JIRA servers directly from JIRA.
- HP adapter: Prefill change requests from details found in HP defects or test instances.
- HP adapter: Improves scalability for large projects.
- HP adapter: Browse for artifacts in selection dialogs for test cases and requirements.
Translation information for IBM software can be found online at
Back to top
- Disk space: 1 GB disk space minimum
- Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB recommended
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 processor minimum
- Disk space: 1-500 GB free disk space (for cache)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Processor: 1 GHz CPU, multicore recommended
- Open Source Perl 5.10.1 and future fix packs
- LWP 6.04 and future fix packs
- LWP Protocol https 6.03 and future fix packs
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and future fix packs
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 and future fix packs
- Mozilla Firefox ESR 10 and future fix packs
- Mozilla Firefox ESR 17.0 and future fix packs
- Google Chrome 21 and future fix packs
- Google Chrome 23 and future fix packs
- Apple Safari on iOS 5.x and future fix packs
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP1 x86-64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP2 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 5 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 Update 2 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 6 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 7 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 Update 1 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 Enterprise Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Enterprise Edition x86-64
Back to top
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and
implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and
appropriate controls in application systems and communication
Back to top
No publications are shipped with this product.
The IBM Publications Center portal is located at
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM
product publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000
items. Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for
orders are via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20
countries. A large number of publications are available online in
various file formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Back to top
|Security, auditability, and control|
(R), (TM), * Trademark or registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
** Company, product, or service name may be a trademark or service mark of others.
Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
© IBM Corporation 2013.
Back to top